Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

The Reading List Version 2.0

Earlier this summer I published a book list of the "for fun" reading I wanted to do while I was out of school on break. With the Fall semester under way my reading list has expanded to include some text books [some better than others] but I'm still working my way through some fun reading in order to maintain some sanity.


  • Still working through 30 Days to a Well Mannered Dog because, well...mine aren't well mannered
  • I got The Book of Awakening from Amazon recently & it's "easy reading" because it's just one little nugget of calm, balanced wisdom per-day & some helpful coping tools. So far I'm enjoying it, although in typical Latch style I haven't made time to read it each morning, which is sort of antithetical to the books goal..."being present in the life you have". Baby steps.
  • I also recently got a used copy ofWhy Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria, and I'm looking forward to reading that too - maybe Greg will even pick it up & use it to supplement his Social Justice course reading. 
  • I already own The Tipping Point & Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, and have at least a few trips to our respective home towns coming up, so hopefully I can squeeze in some inspiration & even a little chuckle from Chelse. 
  • Another book recently reappeared on my "books I don't want to forget to read list" & that's A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn...A friend of mine mentioned it in class last night & reignited my interest in who writes history & why. Stay tuned!
I'll also be getting the opportunity to read/review some great books written for & about the field I'm studying, so I'm looking forward to nerding it up!

If you read anything you loved to pieces this summer I hope you'll share it with me...I'm already working on "Mrs. Morgan, M.Ed.'s post-wedding/grad school-I-can-read-whatever-I-want" list...suggestions are welcome!

Nerdily,
Meggo

1 comment: