Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

I STILL live here...Thank goodness

Ash Mat "Arriving" at the
George Street Block Party!
Last weekend one of my very best girls (& professional bridesmaid) came to visit Chicago! Ash Mat & I joined Zeta in college in 2003 but didn't fall in love until 2006-ish...not a moment too soon! She & Coop fell in love last Spring when Meghan stayed with her for a little while before Meg moved up to Chicago. We always say "Family is who loves you when you need them" & for that reason, Ash Mat, Coop & I will be family forever. The only thing better than having best friends that love you is having best friends that love each other too...Ok, I'm done with the mush.

Kent in the
Hula Hoop Competition
Moving right along...Ash Mat was in Chicago last weekend. We had a super fun time. We enjoyed some libating, some sight seeing, Mani-Pedi's, & Bottomless Mimosas at Jack's on Southport which was a lucky find. BEST of all though was the surprise block party just 1 block immediately south of my place. Block parties are on my top 5 list of things I love about Chicago. And I'm pretty sure the only reason block parties even happen is because the folks on each of those blocks just want to celebrate the fact that it's summer & we live in Chicago. That's all. It's like a party where all the neighbors close down the street, put out some tailgate games, hire a couple live bands & scream (sometimes quite literally) at the top of their lungs "WE LIVE HERE!" Obviously I couldn't agree more with that sentiment. I have a super special, precious place in my heart for St. Petersburg, Florida...My hometown. But living in Chicago is
Learning how to "Dougie"
simply magical. I was so glad to share the magic with Ash Mat!

One last little lucky find was Mickey's on Clark...We stumbled across this little gem while looking for a place to get a quick bite of lunch before the Zoo on Tuesday. What we FOUND was an outside bar/grill with Strawberry Margaritas, $3 Coronas & fantastic people watching. Seriously, I know I've been in Chicago for over a year & every body's probably sick of hearing it, but I just don't care...I LIVE HERE! STILL! And it just keeps getting better. I totally forgive Chicago for the Blizzard & everything. One more time...I live here, THANK GOODNESS!

Happy Friday,
Meggo

No comments:

Post a Comment